Access-IS OCR315e and OCR316e are robust yet compact OCR (Optical Character Recognition) Readers. The devices are versatile and compatible with a myriad of devices.
Both of these devices are compatible for use with:
- Handled PCs and Devices
- Ultra-Mobile PCs
- Desktop Keyboards
- Stand Alone Units
The concept of these OCR readers being so versatile is to give you the ability to “know your customer” and capture all of the applicable date as quickly as possible.
The flexibility of these devices offers a design that is optimized to operate with both passport and standard ID cards. The OCR decoder is based on an advanced recognition technology that provides rapid document reading.
The OCR315e is bi-directional reader and has the ability to read:
- Machine Readable Passports (MRP)
- Machine Readable Visas (MRV)
- US & International permits
- European and other National ID Cards that conform to ICAO 9303 & ISO/IEC 7501-1 standards
- 2 & 3 line Machine Readable Zone (MRZ)
- ISO/IEC 18013-1 driving licenses (one-line MRZ)
The OCR316e model also includes a three-track Magnetic Stripe Reader (MSR), which gives it the ability to read:
- Frequent flyer cards
- Loyalty Cards
- Debit Cards
- MRZ Documents
- Credit Cards
- Compact design and small footprint.
- USB 2.0 interface
- USB Human Interface Device (HID)
- Communications Device Class (CDC) virtual serial and keyboard wedge options.
- Reads machine readable passports, visas and travel cards conforming to ICAO Document 9303.
- Rapid and accurate decoding using Access’ established OCR decoding technology
- Bidirectional OCR read.
- Optional bidirectional, three-track MSR conforming to ISO 7811/2-5 tracks 1, 2 and 3
- Bicolor LED and audible sounder providing good/bad read indication.
- Can be used as a free-standing unit, desk-mounted or attached to a range of monitors and devices.
- Multiple cable lengths and exit positions.
- Firmware download/upgrade capability
The OCR315e (OCR only) and OCR316e (MSR & OCR) are compact and robust OCR readers. The devices can simply be attached to a variety of handheld and ultra mobile PCs, tablets, standard desktop keyboards and monitors, or act as standalone units as part of the check-in process. The interface connection is via USB. The track length and single slot design is optimised to ensure that passports and ID cards are correctly aligned for consistent and accurate reading.